EFFICIENT: Our water-cooled chillers are designed and engineered for maximum efficiency.
VERSATILE: We offer the industry’s widest operating range for various applications
SUSTAINABLE: Our energy-efficient chillers result in low total direct and indirect emissions for a healthier planet
Premium solution for commercial and industrial applications where installers, consultants and building owners require maximum quality and optimal performances, especially at part load. Designed to meet current and future requirements in terms of energy efficiency, versatility and compactness.
They feature exclusive inverter-driven screw compressors – an evolution of the proven traditional Carrier twin-rotor screw compressor design. Other features include:
Split into two versions:
-30XW-V for air conditioning applications
-30XWHV for heating applications
– Eurovent energy class A
– EER up to 5.8 kW/kW and ESEER up to 9.5 kW/kW
-Twin-rotor screw compressors with high-efficiency motor and a variable capacity valve for exact matching of the cooling capacity to the load.
– Flooded multi-pipe heat exchangers for increased heat exchange efficiency.
– Electronic expansion device permits operation at a lower condensing pressure and improved utilisation of the evaporator heat exchange surface.
All 30XW-V/30XWHV units comply with class 3 of standard EN61800-3. Category C3 refers to industrial environments.
– Inverter-driven motors ensure negligible start-up current
– Industrial-type screw compressors with oversized bearings and motor cooled by suction gas.
– The inverter is optimised for each compressor motor to ensure reliable operation and easy maintenance.
– All compressor components are easily accessible on site minimising down-time.
– Two independent refrigerant circuits (from 1000 kW upwards); the second one automatically takes over, if the first one develops a fault, maintaining partial cooling under all circumstances.
– Electronic paddle-free flow switch. Auto-setting according to cooler size and fluid type.
– Control algorithm prevents excessive compressor cycling
– Automatic compressor unloading in case of abnormally high condensing pressure or discharge temperature.
– Partnerships with specialised laboratories and use of limit simulation tools (finite element calculation) for the design of critical components.
– Transport simulation test in the laboratory on a vibrating table and then on an endurance circuit
– Reduction of leaks as no capillary tubes and flare connections are used
– Verification of pressure transducers and temperature sensors without transferring refrigerant charge
– Discharge line shut-off valve and liquid line service valve for simplified maintenance.
The Carrier 19XR/19XRV centrifugal chillers provide exceptional value by achieving energy efficiency levels as high as 6.8 (EER) utilising proven technology designed specifically for chlorine-free refrigerants:
– Single-stage aerodynamic impeller
– Tunnel diffusers, based on aircraft engine technology
– Motor cooled by refrigerant gas injection
These advantages, together with the modularity of the units and their efficiency, economical operation and dimensional constraints allow the use of the Carrier 19XR/19XRV centrifugal chillers in any high-capacity water cooling applications.
The 19XR/19XRV chillers use chlorine-free HFC-134a refrigerant with zero ozone-depletion potential, still the refrigerant of choice for automotive and appliance manufacturers.
European pressure vessel code certified construction, ensuring maximum heat exchanger safety, reliability and long life.
– increases product reliability by eliminating the additional moving parts associated with multiple stage machines, such as additional guide vanes and complex economizers.
– eliminates refrigerant leaks from the compressor/motor transmission joints in open-drive compressors.
19XRV chillers are equipped with a compressor variable-frequency system. By changing the compressor operating mode this system considerably reduces power consumption based on the motor rotational speed.
In addition, the variable-frequency drive control box is cooled by refrigerant minimising its size and ensuring optimal component cooling for an extended operating life. This concept makes water cooling unnecessary and eliminates the associated maintenance cost and water pump power consumption.
Impellers that utilize high back sweep main blades with low-profile intermediate splitter blades are aerodynamically contoured to improve compressor full-load and part-load operating efficiency.
The Carrier 19XR/19XRV with a COP up to 6.5 (AHRI conditions) and an IPLV up to 7.4 or up to 10.5 with VFD centrifugal chillers provide exceptional value by achieving energy efficiency levels as high as 6.8 (EER) utilising proven technology designed specifically for chlorine-free refrigerants.
Interstage economizer to improve efficiency and increase capacity.
Unique concept of the hermetic compressor:
– Dual-stage aerodynamic impeller
– Vane-less diffuser to meet high lift application requirement with stable operation
– Motor cooled by spraying liquid refrigerant on the motor windings
Possibility to control the compressors using a variable frequency drive (19XRV) to maximize machine energy efficiency.
Use of high-efficiency evaporator and condenser tubes.
Expansion sub-cooler integrated into the condenser.
These advantages, together with the modularity of the units and their efficiency, economical operation and dimensional constraints allow the use of the Carrier 19XR/19XRV two-stage centrifugal chillers in any high-capacity water cooling applications such as air-conditioning, heat-pump, energy recovery, ice thermal storage, marine, VFD and high-voltage applications.
Technical Concept and 3D Design
Equipment distribution and implementation
Remote automation and monitoring systems
Rehabilitation and upgrades for all types of cooling towers
Service and after-sales service